Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Henley Grace Hahn

We welcomed Miss Henley Grace into the world Wednesday, January 13th at 5:16pm.  She weighed 6lbs 6ozs and 20 inches long!  We now have a new understanding of love at first sight, she is simply beautiful and more than we could have even imagined.  Life has certainly changed, we are just overwhelmed with joy and it is simply amazing!  There are no words to describe how the past few days have been, just incredible.

It's time...
I woke up Wednesday at 1:30am with contractions.  Finally they had started and we were able to track the length and space between each set.  These were going pretty well until 5:30am where they started to ease up and the space between them became longer.  A call to the birth center confirmed that we were probably in the first stages of labor, but to come in if they got to the point where I had to breathe through them.  Being a first time Mom, and not knowing what contractions really felt like, I didn't want to react too soon only to be sent home with an Ambien and Tylenol.  So, I decided although we had been up all  night, Brandon and I had both planned on heading into work late.  I thought getting up and moving could stir up some more contractions.  So I showered and headed in around 8:30am, while en route I called Brandon and said, "not such a good idea, the contractions are coming on again so I'm going to just stay a short while and then head home."  Thankfully, Brandon did not make it into work, so he anxiously waited for me to return home.  After 2 hours at work the contractions became more intense and almost 5 minutes apart so I packed up and headed out.  I made it in the door at home, only to hand my purse off to Brandon, as I was breathing heavily through the contractions.  At this time, I was still requesting I take a bath and take our time because once again, I didn't want to jump the gun and arrive too early.  Thankfully, Brandon just took control and said, "no, you can jump in the shower, but I am starting the truck, packing it, and we are heading to the hospital!" 

We had finally arrived, and were offically admitted at 12:30pm, we were not being sent home, we were going to have a baby...and much sooner than anyone had expected!  Labor was tough, and Brandon would say that was an understatement! When I finally got an epidural, Brandon said he had his wife back, and he was right!  What an incredible drug, it allowed us to enjoy the rest of the process, all the way up until her delivery. 

Delivery...
She arrived at 5:16pm,  healthy and beautiful!! I have been told, you will never forget the memory of child birth, and this is so true.  I think it is an unwritten rule that when women see other women pregnant, they jump into their own stories of when their children were born.  Some spare details, while other, even strangers tell you their stories in graphic detail.

Meet Henley!


Just a few minutes old


First bath Brandon and I gave her


Full head of hair

 Enjoying a ride in her swing

 
On the computer with Daddy

KJ is getting used to his baby sister, he had the worst night sleep the first night as every little peep she made he was up to investigate.  He loves her very much!

Sleeping beauty

Our little Monkey!  This picture makes us laugh so hard!  She came out sucking her hands and fingers, so it is hard to keep them away from her face.  She has a tight grip on that nook and her bright eyes just melt our hearts!

We are loving every moment with her, and are just amazed at how content she it.  Our time with her has been full of joy, smiles, laughs and learning.  We stare at her any chance we get, and the snuggle times are priceless.  We will never wish away these times, as we know they will go by fast. 

We love you so much Henley and are so glad you are finally here!  We are forever blessed because of you!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Monica! Henley Grace is soooo beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a beauty! Congratulations to both of you, and Henley: you have two amazing parents!